Monday, June 20, 2011

Shiny and new Dr. Laurie Kauffman is awesome!

It is a great pleasure to announce that Laurie Kauffman has successfully defended her dissertation and now joins the ranks of new biological anthropology PhDs. A student of Sue Boinski at the University of Floriday, the title of Dr. Kauffman's dissertation is "Primate response to tourist presence at Raleighvallen, Central Suriname Nature Reserve"

In her own words:
"I presented portions of my dissertation research at AAA in New Orleans, and at AAPA in Minneapolis. In August I'll be starting a tenure-track job as Assistant Professor of Biology at Oklahoma City University. I am looking forward to working on research projects with undergraduates at OCU, likely in Costa Rica and also in local zoos. I'll also be teaching Human Anatomy and Physiology, Zoology, and Primate Behavior. And I am looking forward to the Oklahoma State Fair and its many fried food on a stick offerings!"

1 comment: