Sunday, June 5, 2011

Natalia Reagan, recent grad, is awesome!

Congratulations to recent MA grad Natalia Reagan. She graduated with honors from California State University Northridge with an MA in anthropology.

In Natalia's words:
"My focus was primate conservation and I conducted a survey of the Azuero spider monkey (Ateles geoffroyi azuerensis), a critically endangered subspecies endemic to the Azuero peninsula in Panama. The survey was part of my thesis field work (my advisor was Dr. Christina Campbell). The title of my thesis is "The Effects of Forest Fragmentation on the Distribution of the Azuero Spider Monkey". This July I am returning to Panama to conduct some follow-up data collection and to work with the local population to curb deforestation in the region. I will present the findings of my survey at the ASP meeting this September (Dr. Christina Campbell and Mr. Daniel Essiambre are co-authors).

Concurrently, I have been writing and shooting various television shows that focus on the similarities between humans and nonhuman primates using comedy to both educate and entertain audiences (Here's a link to one of the videos). The goal is to reach a wide demographic and encourage primate conservation while perhaps inspiring future primatologists and anthropologists to keep pursing their academic dream. Here's my personal website: www.nataliareagan.com and email: natalia13reagan@gmail.com


Congratulations to Natalia on her achievements and her commitment to education, conservation, and the importance of a sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment